Construction & Demolition Waste Recycling
We are committed to environmentally sound principles in the disposal of materials from our projects, and depending on the project, up to 90 percent of materials can be salvaged and then recycled and repurposed. Understanding the importance of demolition waste recycling to meeting government waste reduction targets and satisfying community expectations, we have developed a robust and reliable network of suppliers and customers who together with us, help to minimise demolition project waste.
A commitment to doing things right
As the construction and demolition industry matures and responds to demands for improved performance, we maintain a mindset of continuous improvement in terms of waste disposal, management, and recycling. Among the mechanisms we apply are:
- Maintenance of a strong network with established and reliable channels to markets for recycled waste products
- Careful project planning that identifies potential risks for contamination of materials
- Risk management that provides for safe demolition and waste management practices
- Maintaining currency with legislation and targets
- Company and project specific targets for demolition waste recycling.
We also recognise that demolition contractors have a vital role to play in educating other services providers operating in the construction and demolition industry. To that end, we look for opportunities to raise awareness about infrastructure design and materials selection at the front end of project development, understanding this has the potential to greatly influence the success of demolition waste recycling initiatives at every level.
Leaders in demolition waste recycling
Regardless of project location and size, we work with you to minimise the quantity of recyclable materials entering landfill. Recycling rates are tracked as a key performance indicator, while targets are set at commencement of each project. We routinely adopt waste processing and sorting practices, such as picking stations and cable strippers, on all jobs. Specialised equipment attachments, including magnets and pulverises help increase process efficiencies. During planning we will:
- Assess the materials on site and devise a corresponding plan for management of each type
- Establish processes for salvaging and sorting to maximise opportunities for waste recycling
- Track waste trucks to ensure transparent reporting of waste disposal.
- Ensure that hazardous waste materials and asbestos are transported to a licensed waste facility with EPA registered tracking vehicles.
Every demolition project should consider the risk of asbestos and in project terms, it’s never too soon to make it a priority and move it to the forefront of project risk and safety management.
Our experience in demolition waste recycling services is demonstrated in project successes achieved for our clients:
- MUL037 Mulwala Explosives Facility
- Warehouse Dismantling and Bulk Earthworks
- Colgate Palmolive Factory Steel Repurposing Project
Learn more about our project success here.
We set a target to salvage 90% of demolition waste materials on every project.
What sets us apart from other demolition contractors when it comes to waste recycling?
We take demolition waste recycling seriously - it is part of our core business - and an area we continually invest in because we understand how important it is for our clients, the environment, and broader community. In time, we intend to expand our capacity to recycle project waste to meet the local and national targets.
Project waste causing headaches? Contact us to discuss your demolition needs?