Specialising in industrial demolition services, DEMEX is among Australia’s leading demolition contractors.
We provide commercial and industrial demolition services and decommissioning of complete and partial structures (internal and external), bridges, structures at height, multi-level, structures, detailed and intricate demolition, and high risk demolition requiring specialised machinery and project management. Working Australia-wide in urban, regional, and remote sites such as mines and power stations, we are licensed to provide unrestricted demolition services for the mining, resources, and government sectors.
We're capable of delivering demolition projects of every size. Our capacity for innovation and unwavering commitment to safety means we’re never daunted by a project's complexity, location, size or duration.
DEMEX Capability Statement
Decommissioning & demolition contractor for major projects
Whether you’re leading a government project, a principal contractor, or project owner needing an independent contractor for demolition services and decommissioning, we understand the challenges of just getting to ground zero for your project.
Our demolition and decommissioning capability extends to:
- Complete and partial structures, including in built up urban areas
- Multi-level structures and structures at height
- Internal building demolition (soft-strips)
- Projects requiring specialised intricate demolition work
- Remote site demolition projects, for example, power station and mine site decommissioning
- Hazardous material removal and decontamination, for example, for asbestos and explosive materials
- Project specific environmental risk management, for example, for noise, vibration, and dust
- Site remediation services
- Waste recycling and disposal services
- Early project civil works and site preparation.
We recognise every project is unique and formulate our approach accordingly, bringing our skills, experience, and professionalism to deliver successful outcomes on time and within budget.
Meeting demolition health, safety and environmental standards
Delivering our clients’ projects in full compliance with all health, safety, and environmental standards is our highest priority and as a demolition company, we work to the following standards:
- Model Code of Practice: Demolition work
- ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems
- ISO 14001:2015 - Environmental Management Systems
- ISO 45001:2008 - Quality Health and Safety Management Systems
- FSC Accreditation.
Consistent with these independent standards, our business is underpinned by strong systems, commercial robustness, and insurances that provide confidence to our clients. Full details of our approach to demolition and decommissioning projects can be found here.
Demolition and decommissioning services: When experience countsOur credentials in demolition and decommissioning services are demonstrated in our project successes.
As a business and employer, we continue to evolve and strive for excellence.
In 2020, these efforts were rewarded on the global stage when DEMEX was awarded Best New Entrant after being shortlisted for the Industrial Demolition Award. The project that contributed to the award involved demolition of 43 buildings in the Mulwala Explosives Facility in regional New South Wales, a Major Hazard Facility holding Schedule 15 chemicals and manufacturing high explosives and concentrate acids.
What sets us apart from other demolition contractors?
A reliable well-maintained fleet is pivotal to successful delivery of every project, and among our machinery assets, we are pleased to include the specialised 62 tonne high reach demolition excavator that extends 29 metres. Perfect for bridges, high rises and towers of any kind, this machine is changing the way demolition is undertaken. Its many benefits include:
- Safer working conditions, minimising the need for the team to be in close proximity to the demolition activity, thereby reducing the chance of injury.
- Making complex work at heights more manageable, as safety and environmental risks can be minimised.
- It significantly reduces the time required for demolition, allowing project delivery to be more efficient and project schedules to be accelerated.
- Precision in delivery; a benefit evident particularly in dismantling of buildings positioned in awkward and difficult to reach spaces, such as in heavily built up urban zones.
Effective in action, the high reach demolition excavator is a valuable addition to projects requiring extra reach, delivered safely.