Hazardous Materials & Asbestos Removals Australia
We provide hazardous materials and asbestos removals Australia wide, delivering projects in diverse locations from inner city highrise structures to remote site decommissioning of industrial infrastructure. Our approach to projects is based on strict adherence to all regulatory requirements to ensure safe delivery from the perspective of people and the environment. Our core capability is the capacity to provide clients with a fully integrated service that reduces project risk and the need to outsource services to multiple providers. We hold an A Class Asbestos Removal Licence and are fully equipped to undertake all types of asbestos removal Australia wide.
Managing the risks associated with removal of hazardous materials and asbestos is an integral part of daily operations at Demex and by necessity we take appropriate risk management measures to prevent harm and deliver projects safely without compromising budget and schedule.
Safety first in HAZMAT and asbestos removal
As a contractor for HAZMAT and asbestos removal with over twenty licensed technicians, we ensure all team members are qualified in accordance with regulatory requirements and receive ongoing HAZMAT and asbestos training as changes are made to work practices. Among the certifications and accreditations we have in place to meet demolition health, safety, and environmental standards are:
- Certificate training for technicians
- Monitoring of technicians’ health
- Works supervised by qualified supervisor
- Independent third party oversight of works as an additional risk management measure
- Environmental monitoring
- Risk management planning and procedures, including for unexpected finds and decontamination
- Functioning personal protective equipment
- Safe disposal of waste in accordance with legislative requirements.
Having completed hundreds of demolition projects involving HAZMAT and asbestos removal, we have established DEMEX as a leader, both in Queensland and across Australia. We have always maintained transparent and timely communication with regulators as a demonstration of our commitment to doing the right thing by our clients, our people, the community, and environment.
Licensed asbestos removal capability
We recognise every project is unique and formulate our approach accordingly, bringing our skills, experience, and professionalism to deliver successful outcomes on time and within budget.
Our licensed asbestos removal capability includes:
- Commercial and industrial demolition asbestos removal
- Removal of asbestos from roofing, wall sheeting, fences, tiles and other materials, including putty, electrical boards and adhesives
- Removal of asbestos contaminated dust (ACD)
- Removal of asbestos pipe lagging and re-insulation
- Remediation of asbestos and other soil contaminants
- Domestic asbestos removal and strip outs
- Repair and encapsulation of asbestos lined walls
- Removal and transport of waste to approved facilities
- Management and removal of synthetic mineral fibres (SMF) and polychlorinated biphenyl (PCB)
- Management and handling of asbestos contaminated soil.
Every demolition project should consider the risk of asbestos and in project terms, it’s never too soon to make it a priority and move it to the forefront of project risk and safety management.
Meeting industry leading standards for asbestos removal
As a business committed to the highest standards of professionalism, DEMEX takes an industry-leading position on demolition projects requiring removal of asbestos and hazardous materials across, with a particular focus on projects in industrial and commercial settings.
Industrial manufacturing plants
Post disaster clean up
|Schools and educational facilities
Retail shopping malls
Our experience in demolition and decommissioning services is demonstrated in project successes achieved for our clients:
- Armidale Secondary College Redevelopment
- Former Orange Base Hospital
- Gold Coast Highrise Tower
- Nimbin Post Fire Clean Up
Learn more about our project success here.
What sets us apart from other HAZMAT and asbestos removal contractors?
When it comes to HAZMAT and asbestos removal contractors, we apply the most stringent measures to provide peace of mind for our clients and team. With the potential for harm ever present we:
- Ensure our team has relevant certifications for friable and non-friable asbestos removal and renew these as required
- Carry out annual health monitoring for asbestos removal employees
- Ensure mask fit tests are conducted for each employee involved in removal works.
- Have only trained employees engaged in asbestos removal on demolition projects
- Have sourced independent assessment of the asbestos present on a project
- Identify the safest methods for removal and planned suitable control measures that ensure risks are eliminated.
- Ensure third party assessments are carried out for clearance of asbestos
There is no one size fits all solution in the world of asbestos removal, and we will invest the time, effort, and resources required to provide a tailored solution that completes your project safely.